How are you feeling after the “Greatest Sports Day Ever?” I watched a good Kentucky Derby, one of the best basketball games I’ve ever seen, and saved $99 by not buying a boxing match I knew would be ugly and uneventful. On to the links.
- We craft beer drinkers love our glasses. Here is a eulogy for the last of a man’s beloved glasses.
- It is always good to remember when things weren’t great. Sometimes people forget that craft beer had to grow from the ashes of Prohibition. This is a good history of what happened in Madison during and after Prohibition.
- One of the best things about craft beer as it has grown into its adolescence is its growing inclusion of women. Unlike, science fiction, comic books, software development and other geeky obsessions dominated by men, beer has embraced women. Still work to do in craft beer, but it is much better than other segments. For more information please visit the Pink Boots Society.
- Almost every craft brewer started out in a kitchen, basement, or garage home brewing. Most have not forgotten that which has led to many brewers allowing versions of their recipes to be sold to home brewers. I think this keeps the industry grounded, helps promote the beer, and creates the next generation of brewers. Again, the craft beer world does not have as many jerks as other segments of our world.
- Apparently, I can’t stop linking to stories about this NC Legislature story. There seems to be a new story and new take on what happens every day. This is my favorite passage out of this story, “The wholesalers have long been one of the biggest spenders in state campaigns alongside trial lawyers, utilities, and banks…” If you know anything about North Carolina right now, you know those last three are not anyone’s favorite group of interests. There is a big difference between honest disagreement on the potential affects of a law and buying votes.