A short vacation starts for me today. I’m heading to Richmond for a couple of days of beer drinking. The Five Articles should not be affected, but it just depends on how drunk I get.
- I never knew where the whole 3.2 beer concept came from. Then I read this piece this morning and it explained everything to me.
- A bunch of Mormons walk into a liquor store sounds like the start of a bad joke and I actually is. Almost any story involving the state of Utah and its liquor laws is entertaining in a comedic way and this is no exception.
- Here are what the new Pennsylvania alcohol laws do and do not allow. One of the things you can’t do is buy a case of beer.
- Goose Island picked a bad time to release infected beer. Even worse their best known and just plain best beers are the ones with the problems. This is a case where if they are contrite and proactive in dealing with these infections. This is not the reason people outside of Chicago will continue to turn on Goose Island, but it is another straw added to the pile.
- High-level chefs around the world are starting to respect beer and use it more and more in their creations. As beer becomes more respected in a high dining situation, I hope it doesn’t lose its essential unpretentious nature.