Today’s Five Articles are bits of random flotsam and jetsam about beer. There is a little law and a little silliness. Here they are.
- The Pacific Northwest is often seen (particularly by those that live there) as one of the centers of American craft beer. So, it is surprising that the state of Washington has to pass a law that helps brewers.
- My favorite beer stories are the ones that look at American craft beer as a business and not just a hipster affectation. Beer as a jobs and revenue generator is why I believe this is not going to go away. Here is a story from Maine.
- Here is a story on Stone Brewing and the future of craft brewing.
- New Belgium has started making beer for consumption at the new Asheville brewery. I have the distinct feeling I will be going to this brewery this summer.
- Oh yeah, it’s National Beer Day. Honestly, I don’t need a reason to drink beer, but some people do.