Tuesday is my Monday. I’m working on a new blog post for tomorrow. I am in deep editing mode on it. Here’s the Five Articles.
- I like this idea. Laboratory work is something that costs a lot of money for a small brewery. I hope to see more alliances and partnerships going forward.
- Wicked Weed has decided it needs a distributor. I heard through others that this was happening in January. I don’t see distributors as the enemy. I don’t necessarily see them as the friend of craft beer either. They are another part of the system. Unless you plan on changing the whole 3 tier system, distributors will be part of it.
- This is a good rundown of the history of growlers coming to Iowa by taking you on a quick tour of how alcohol laws were developed across the country. Very good read.
- I would love to see more breweries get involved in their local art scenes. Part of the reason I love craft beer so much is that I see it as a creative endeavor. As someone who has had the opportunity to watch artists work up close and personal and see brewers work up close and personal, I know how similar the processes are for both.
- Spent grains should be reused and not thrown away. If the government gets out of the way, the brewers, entrepreneurs, and farmers will figure something.