There are days when the beer news is a desert of silly fluff pieces and “this is the world of craft beer” stupidity. Today is one of those days. Currently, my car sits at the bottom of my driveway. I came home last night and was only able to get the back end off the road. The roads all the way to my house from work were clear, but my driveway was/is a sheet of ice. At some point, I have to get out to go to the grocery store. The sun is out so things will start melting soon. Anyway, here are five beer articles to read. These are the most interesting of a bad lot and I am full of the necessary sarcasm and snark.
- Bottles or cans? The great debate.
- Starting a brewery with the sole purpose to sell it and make a profit seems to me to be a bad business plan. The amount of money you have to sink into it at the start is immense, and the only way you will be a good acquisition target is if your beer is good with a strong following. Neither of those is guaranteed.
- This seems like an article an editor asked someone to write 3 months ago so that when they needed to fill some space they could just pop it in.
- A bad blog post masquerading as a newspaper column.
- I don’t know, this seems like an actual good idea.