A slow, foggy, and sleepy Sunday is upon us. It was the first since September not following a college football Saturday and I’m still recovering. Anyway, here are a few articles to read during halftime of whatever football games you watch this afternoon.
- Here is a geeky deep dive into the modern world of sour beers. Honestly, this article isn’t for everyone. For me, it was fun and very interesting.
- I think Kevin Selvy is wrong in this article about label design. The label isn’t more important than the beer. A great label will get you noticed and get an initial purchase, but if the beer isn’t good, they’ll never come back. Yeah, you’ll sell a lot of beer to people who just like the label, but then you’ll have a warehouse full of beer no one is buying with a really pretty label.
- Alabama is slowly approaching the 20th century in their beer laws by allowing brewers to sell for offsite consumption. Yay.
- I don’t know why I like this article, but I really do. Maybe it is the notion of beer as a locally brewed and enjoyed product.
- Here is an end of the beer year rundown for the Triangle.