Here are Tuesday’s Five Articles. Tuesday is a good day normally. You’ve had Monday to get warmed up and you get into a rhythm for your work week and things are kind of easy. This week with yesterday being Columbus Day (a holiday I barely remember until I try to go to the library and it’s closed) means many people are beginning their week today. So, I say, your week is shorter than normal so your beer weekend will come sooner.
- The deal is apparently done. What does it mean that one company will represent 31% of the world beer market? It won’t mean as much if, especially in the US, if the distribution system is made fairer for smaller, craft brewers. That leads to…
- ABInbev is being investigated by the US Department of Justice for their distribution practices which seek to keep craft brewers from getting the all-important shelf space in retail outlets that they need to get their product to the general public. If the DOJ can at least scare this new behemoth into loosening up their grip on distributors, the deal won’t mean as much as ABInbev things it will.
- If you are going to do a listicle of the best breweries in America, do it like this list and find breweries that people outside the immediate area don’t know about. Shout out to my beer neighbor Unknown Brewing for making this list.
- This is a great list that I will be testing over the next few weeks. Beer and cheese is such a great combination for a lazy afternoon.
- I have tried a few of these beers, some of them are actually enjoyable.