Thursday is here. Your week is almost done. We are finishing up the last of the next Gravity Magazine issue. You’ll see it in a few weeks. Here is a quick Five Articles for your enjoyment.
- Craft beer is part of a larger cultural shift where consumers want a more authentic experience and have grown up being advertised to from the womb making them very attuned to when they are being sold to. That is something the macro-brewers can’t stop by merging.
- As embarrassed as I am how Americans know very little of countries and cultures outside our borders (and often within our borders), I am heartened and disappointed when I hear some of the same things coming from other countries directed at Americans. I don’t know if this will work for Stone, I don’t really care (I don’t own stock in the company). However, it is interesting, and I hope they can help change the perception of the US just a little with their presence.
- Nice quick article on six states moving up in the craft beer world.
- Alabama is not one of the states mentioned in the previous article. However, this article about Birmingham’s growing craft beer culture shows the state as a whole could be on the rise depending on if politicians help the industry and its culture grow. That is, of course, the same in most states even the six listed above.
- It was only a matter of time before Italians figured out beer was awesome. We who are beer fans and fans of the intersection of beer and food should rejoice at their newfound fascination and interest in beer. Now, if we can get the French to take beer and beer culture more seriously.