The Five Articles were delayed today because it is a gorgeous morning and I sat outside and drank a pot of Earl Grey. Hang out a few hours and there will be another post today about the Belgian Dubbel in preparation for a review of a Belgian Dubbel.
- The Eden, NC MillerCoors brewery was expanded four years ago. This time next year it will close. I don’t know what this means except that the world of American brewing is changing and it is changing rapidly. So rapidly that everyone is playing catch up to how it has changed.
- Speaking of the beer business (by which I mean the industry) here is a move at the upper reaches of craft brewing. The only reason I’m linking this is there is a dearth of good articles this morning.
- I’m linking to this one because I really want to spend a few days in Charleston and if I talk about enough and can link it to beer maybe someone will pay me to do it.
- As the costs of big time athletics increases for colleges are looking for any way they can to increase revenue. One way that is becoming more prevalent is for schools to sell beer at on-campus venues. Northern Michigan University is one of the newest to allow beer sales.
- In general we don’t think about the water we drink or put in beer. We think it has no taste and just provides a base for our beer to be born. Here is a good home brewing review of water, its chemistry, and how that effects your beer.