The Five Articles are here a little late (blame laundry and breakfast). Two other things to bring up before the links. First, go over to Gravity Magazine and read about NC craft beverages, including a couple of things by yours truly. Second, real football starts tomorrow when my alma mater takes on a sports program which has two nicknames owned by other schools (USC and Carolina). The loser tomorrow won’t be able to use Carolina for the next year.
- The National Beer Wholesaler Association put out a press release telling you how great NC distributors are.
- Here is a good and funny article about pumpkin beers. It does what I love in writing about beer: Taking beer seriously while simultaneously making fun of the parts of beer that should be made fun of.
- Are crowlers illegal if you don’t brew the beer you sell? This could get interesting since growlers are just now gaining mainstream traction and we have already jumped to crowlers.
- Here is a good article on part of what I do during the week. Sometimes one of the more annoying things is when a brewery rep comes in randomly and wants to pimp their beer to us when we don’t carry it. Sometimes it’s because we didn’t know you existed and sometimes it’s because your beer is crap and we don’t want it.
- A good news report about one of the many new breweries coming to Charlotte. In various places, I’ve read that there are new 20 breweries opening in Charlotte over the next few years. Of course, the majority of those breweries are on paper and physical work has not even been planned.