The first day of September starts with good news for me. Gravity Magazine just dropped on the public today and I am excited. You can download a PDF copy of the magazine or go find a copy around Charlotte, you’ll love it.
- This is the second Jim Koch article I’ve linked to in as many days. He picks a six-pack based on the brewers he knows. Still a good list.
- The headline is a bit of red herring, but it does bring up the idea that brewers should do more to when it comes to water recycling. One of the coming things is organic brewing. I would rather see brewers concentrate on conserving water then making sure farmers aren’t using pesticides.
- I like any article that talks about fall beers and ignores pumpkin beers.
- The most important thing to come out of this article is the reminder that the federal government can pass a law making it legal for people to buy alcohol across provincial lines, but the taxes levied by individual provinces can’t be controlled by the federal government. Almost all the significant changes in alcohol law on this continent have to come at the state and provincial level.
- This is a decent enough list, but it loses points for not mentioning Charlotte or Asheville in its North Carolina blurb. That is hard to do.