It has been hard to find Five Articles worthy of my attention this past week. So I took a little more time off to actually catch up on sleep. That is why today, I have four articles about beer and one about Quentin Tarantino. My three guys from the 1990s indie movie explosion are Tarantino, Kevin Smith, and Ed Burns. Smith is now a podcaster and a good one when he isn’t too stoned to keep conversations on track. Burns has turned to television and away from movies for the time being. Anyway, the Five Articles.
- Let’s start with the continuing story of ABC and ALE confusion. First, from the Hendersonville Lightning is this editorial.
- Second is this article from BlueRidgenow.com. In both the editorial and the article, two things are clear: 1) For whatever reason, the ALE office overseeing that part of western NC has ramped up its presence. Maybe it is the new lead investigator or the media coverage of the growing brewing industry. It is clear the ALE may not be targeting breweries, but it has upped its visibility. 2) As is the case in most of the country, the laws and regulations governing alcohol and their enforcement has not kept pace with the brewing industry or the culture that surrounds it. Breweries need to educate their staffs on the laws and regulations even while the laws governing alcohol need reform.
- The people in South Charlotte want a brewery in their part of Charlotte. South Charlotte doesn’t have the infrastructure that is conducive to bringing a brewery there. South Charlotte won’t get a brewery anytime soon. They can continue to drive to the 10 within 15 or 20 minutes of where they choose to live.
- Add New Jersey to the lists of states trying to get on the craft beer bandwagon with a raft of new laws. States are all making baby steps towards making it easier for smaller brewers to operate.
- Here is an interview with Quentin Tarantino going full Tarantino ahead of his release of Hateful Eight.