The Five Articles will be quick and dirty today. I went to New Grass Brewing in Shelby yesterday and sampled many of their beers and then did a tasting at home for the series of reviews that will begin getting posted today. Also, I watched the season finale of True Detective. Please, let how this episode ended be the prologue to a season 3.
- Three breweries a week are opening in the United Kingdom right now. However, the number of pubs is shrinking. Interesting note, there is a government position in the UK called the community pubs minister.
- Here is another local story about how craft beer is spreading in the unlikeliest places. This time, upstate New York.
- Here is a good review of the state of beer in North Carolina since the passage of Pop The Cap in 2005.
- Here is more about the Charlotte craft beer scene and how it is growing at a phenomenal rate.
- Finally, an editorial asking people to support local businesses specifically a new brewery in Salisbury, NC.