The news desert that is Sunday has given way to a nice Monday morning thanks in part to international news. The fog has burned off and we are ready to roll. Here is to the first day of the week. Only four more until the weekend.
- I would make fun of this story about how happy the people of Clinton, MS are to have Sunday beer sales, except that I live in a place that had no alcohol sales until late last year. The happiness I experienced being able to walk into my normal grocery store and buying beer with my weekly shopping was immeasurable.
- The big takeaway from this story is Asheville is cool and Huntsville, AL wants to become it. Kind of like Single White Female. It is going to have to get in line behind Greenville, SC to become the next Asheville. I’m sure there are other cities strewn across the Carolinas and Georgia and Virginia and Tennessee that have the same thought. In truth, Huntsville does sound like a cool place to visit.
- It is always interesting to see brewery growth stories from other countries. You read about brewers in the US having explosive growth in the beer press all the time. I’m glad a beer loving country like England is starting to have the same development in its beer industry.
- If you are only going to read one of these articles today make it this one. This is a really good tour through the Indian craft beer scene. I can’t even say anything else about this except go read it.
- Here is a nice aperitif. A little story about a pair of graphic designers in Australia who now make ginger beer. This story even has a photo of a happy and smiling blond moppet. I have started to develop a taste for ginger beer. It is a refreshing taste and it goes well with many different foods.