I could just call this one, the one with no news. Today is bereft of many good beer articles. Here is what I could find. Sunday news is often just roundups of stuff that happened throughout the week or hyper local stuff that is only interesting if you live within five miles of where the story is happening. Here are the five links and a note at the end.
- Budweiser is still doing dumb Budweiser things. “Hey, let’s buy a bunch of craft breweries and then make fun of them and keep our core drinkers from every wanting to drink their beer.”
- Local takes on craft beer are still some of my favorites to read. Here is one about the high ABVs.
- Who knew that there were “several breweries” in northwest Arkansas.
- Not Your Father’s Root Beer is one of the strangest phenomena I’ve seen. The interesting thing is what happens next year when all the copy cats hit the market. Will people still care?
- A British writer takes a trip to Pilsen and drinks Pilsner, as one should. This is the real pilsner not the bastardized version the subject of the first bullet point above shovels onto an unsuspecting public.
- I’ve been reading a lot about creativity recently. Mostly in the realm of the arts and literature. However, I’ve started thinking about brewing as a creative endeavor. The beauty of brewing is that, at least in my mind, it touches on three different aspects of creativity: art, science, and commerce. Either on this site or in a new forum, that you will get more information on in the near future, I want to explore these three different aspects.