This weekend saw a lot of action in the Charlotte beer scene highlighted by Wooden Robot’s soft opening and the NC Brewer’s Celebration. Here are some links about those and other things.
- Girls like beer, who would have thunk it? Anyone who talks to brewers, talks to brewery reps, talks to distributors, talks to bartenders, and talks to people who drink craft beer because women make up a significant part of all of those groups. So basically, this isn’t news to me, but it is good (and yet slightly depressing) that a panel like that has to exist and an article like this has to be written.
- We at Craft have a new South End neighbor. Wooden Robot had their soft opening this weekend and will have their grand opening on July 11.
- Drink beer, make some stuff. What could be a better way to relax?
- Here is another article on the growing localization of beer and the beer to table movement. This time it is about the growing number of malt houses. Craft brewers using smaller and more local suppliers will help everyone. Local farmers and businesses will grow stronger, brewers will use better and fresher ingredients, and we drinkers get better beer.
- If you travel a lot and you like beer here is article for you. Now, I have caveats. First, the author misspelled Asheville when talking about New Belgium and there are other grammatical errors throughout. Second, some of the author’s beer choices are less than inspired. It’s almost like this was written from materials provided by the brewers and the airports. I normally support articles that seek to promote craft beer in places it is not normally promoted. This, however, is an example of writing that simply reads like a summary of press releases.