It’s your first day back at work after a long weekend. Take your time to easing into the work day with a few nice beer articles.
- Southern states, in particular, have been the slowest to change the 80 year old laws that govern the distribution of beer. Inertia and campaign contributions are the most powerful forces in politics as they often blind politicians to a changing world. As North Carolina brewers and craft beer lovers learned the past few months it takes then good intentions and common sense to open politicians eyes.
- Speaking of beer laws that made little sense, but have finally been changed, you can buy growlers on Sunday in Minnesota now. The state hasn’t yet fallen into moral ruin over this fact, but I will keep you posted.
- Boston Beer (brewer of Samual Adams) has borrowed from the big beer playbook and created or bought smaller breweries and have started distributing them nationally. All the while, scrubbing their name from any of the advertising.
- Now that it has made its way to the national media, its official, gose is the next big style trend in craft beer.
- This is a good list of nine of the most important beers to the history of American craft beer. It starts as it should, with Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.