Apparently, here on Memorial Day, I am doing the international addition of the links with stories from Canada, England, Australia, and Poland. The other story is from southwest Michigan, which if you live in North Carolina is almost a foreign country. On to the links.
- I don’t know why I like this story from Poland, but it is a nice story about a brewery being revived after being shuttered for 70 years. Of course, the brewer buying the building is a pretty big one in Poland and this one will just be a part of its portfolio, but still.
- I love these stories. The ones where a group of friends tired of the lives they were living decide to go off to do something that they want to do instead of feel they have to do to make money. If you chase money, you will never catch it. As Uncle Tupelo once said:
There’s trouble around, it’s never far away
The same trouble’s been around for a life and a day
I can’t forget the sound, ‘cause it’s here to stay
The sound of people chasing money and money getting away
- This is a really nice view, from the outside, of the affects craft beer is having on US farming (hops and barley have to be grown and harvested, that’s called farming) and whether the same thing can happen for Australian farms.
- Here is a good overview on the growing pains of the craft beer movement from a Canadian perspective.
- This is the same type of article coming out of southwest Michigan. If I have gained anything from doing these links the last month, besides anything beer related, it is that local newspapers are still the heart of reporting in the US. They may be dying left and right, but the ones that still exist do a lot of good in depth reporting and features like this one.