Links for a bright Monday morning
- I am always dubious of any study that says “Millennials are really into…” Usually those studies are conducted by someone trying to sell stuff to millennials and at best takes a snap shot of what is hot and trending at the moment. This study is no different. Read it with trepidation.
- Sustainability and responsible water usage are going to become ever more important for brewers in the coming decades. Just look at California. Here is a good article about the efforts of brewers in Maine to be as environmentally friendly as they can be.
- Devil’s Backbone is one of the fastest growing companies in Virginia. Not breweries, companies. It will also be in North Carolina soon. So, all you people who keep coming into Craft asking us if we have heard of it and do we have any of their beer. Yes, we have heard of it and we will have some of their beer soon.
- Back in Maine for an article about a brewery and tasting room being put in a 300 year old restored barn. I personally love the use of older buildings for breweries and bars. It gives the places the proper feel to me.
- Here is a little story about the Speedway All-American Craft Brewers’ Tour at the Charlotte Motor Speedway during the 10 Days of Thunder during both the May races, Sprint All-Star Race and Coca-Cola 600.