As is often the case on Sundays, the beer writing world is bereft of articles good enough to be included in the Five Articles today. Instead you will get my Five favorites from this week. First, here is an update on what I hope to get published this week. First, there will be a new Beer Counselor Is In up tomorrow (hopefully), two new reviews (bottle reviews this week, work is screwing up the timing for growler reviews), and a book review later this week.
On to the Links Of The Week
- First up, Daniel Hartis takes a trip to the US Whitewater Center, yes, it is in Charlotte and takes the Microbrews Cruise.
- Matt McKenzie writes about two collaborations between Charlotte and other NC breweries and New Belgium coming up this year.
- This a really cool account of how beer was part of the daily life of an English farm worker in 1877.
- Here is a good estimate of how much water California brewers use. Brewers use a lot of water, there are lots of brewers in California, California is in a drought. I think you see the problem.
- As crazy as the patchwork quilt that is the US alcohol laws, Canada’s beer laws may be even weirder.