This is my favorite group of links I’ve done so far. Every story is a really interesting read and none of them have to do with Cinco de Mayo, which translates to, “Another made up American holiday that grants people the right to get drunk in the middle of the day.” On to the links.
- Will Gordon with a review of a new gose, the Victory Kirsch Gose. I wasn’t sure from reading it, but I think he really likes it. I haven’t tried it yet, we have a few bottles left at Craft. If you like sours in general and goses in particular you should really try it.
- Deschutes continues its tour of the Carolinas. This time in Charleston. They are the latest west-coast brewery to decide they need an east-coast production facility. They are definitely thinking about Asheville and Greenville and Charleston.
- There have been two stories that I’m most interested in right now. The first is the silly law suit because some guy who claims to be a craft beer aficionado didn’t know Blue Moon is a MillerCoors product. The second is the story out of Massachusetts where a distributor is in trouble for pay for play. Unfortunately for the distributor it was one of their brewers who blew the whistle on them.
- You can tell we’ve almost reached the half way point in the year because all the beer websites have run out of their beginning of the year ideas and started putting out lists of things they do and don’t like, for today, here is a list from American Craft Beer about the things they aren’t sure about right now.
- To finish off today’s links, here is a good story about Charlotte’s only female brewer, Alexa Long at Heist. Almost all brewers’ stories are the same: loved beer, homebrewed, homebrewed at a high level, volunteered at a brewery, became a brewer. Great story.