A little late on the links this morning. Sorry, but sometimes life intervenes.
- It’s always comical to me when local news latches on to some beer story as if it is like man landing on Mars. Yes, craft brewers can their beer now. It stopped being a novelty two years ago. “Whaat? These guys are making beer and they are canning it just like the big brewers? Who knew such a thing was possible?”
- The more about this story I read, the stupider I think the law suit is.
- I agree with this Paste Magazine piece about the adjuncts and the session IPA trend (they are called American Pale Ales). The part about caring about big beer is the center piece. Just make your beer the way you want to make and the best you can make it, and don’t worry about the big brewers.
- It strains credulity to believe this is the only place in the entire United States this happening. I continue to believe distributors have too much power over the brands they distribute. The laws were written to give them the upper hand with the idea that it would promote diversity of products. As the distributors have gotten bigger the opposite has happened.
- Poutine and beer. What more needs to be said?