Today we are light on the beer law news (thank goodness). Just a few cool things peruse during the day.
- OK I lied, a little beer law news. This Business Journal article breaks down how the inaction of the legislature has actual business consequences for Charlotte (and other NC) breweries. I thought the governor wanted the NC Legislature to be about helping NC business this session. I guess they disagree.
- Somewhat good news as Dustin Canestrop, founder of Beer Army, has found another beer business to start. This one makes me happy.
- How much water does it take to make beer? It takes somewhere around 20 gallons to make 1 pint of beer. As California is finding out, it is possible to run out of water. This is an attempt to get brewers to think about using recycled water to make beer because we use a lot of water to make this liquid pleasure we love so much.
- Will Gordon again. The reason I love his reviews is that they are always more then just beer reviews. They are about everything that is going on in the craft beer world. Here is another good one. He like many of us has noticed that there are too many breweries out there for this to be a sustainable business model. There are 6 breweries within an easy walk from the bar I work at. That’s a lot.
- A Beer Bucket List. Some of these aren’t bucket list worthy for me. Not because they aren’t good, but because they are really easy to find and buy. However, this is a good list of a bunch of really good beers.