This was not going to be my first post on the new site, but I think it will work fine as a statement of intent of what and how I want to do this. This will be a daily listing of 5 beer articles I found interesting and why I found them interesting.
- BrewDog is crowdfunding for £25 million or around $37.5 million to build a new brewhouse. What makes this interesting is the size of the goal and that they still see themselves are rebels fighting the establishment. They are successful brewers who own 27 bars around the world and export their beer to 55 countries. Of course compared to any of the big boys they are resistance fighters just scraping by with surplus weapons.
These next two are connected
- This from Poyner Spruill Attorney’s At Law is a good rundown of two new bills in front of the NC Legislature: House Bill 278 and House Bill 625. These bills will increase the cap for self-distribution and allow contract brewing in North Carolina. That means more craft beer brewed in North Carolina.
- In response to these bills, some conglomeration of interests (I’m thinking distributors and SABMiller and ABInbev) have created a website and petition under ncbeerjobs.com. This from Charlotte’s Creative Loafing is a good breakdown of the non-truthiness of the website and petition.
- From Richmond.com is a good summary of some warm weather beers you may not be familiar with. I personally don’t like some of the recommendations, but it is still has a good descriptions.
- This is important because it is about my day job. Read it and come on by when you can to have a pint, get a cheese plate, and buy a growler. (No, I’m not the one that looks like Bobby Brown.)